While it may seem hard to believe, spring is just around the corner. That gives you just over a month to start putting the spring back in your yard with pond supplies and pumps from Pond Pro Shop.
What do we suggest you do to prepare for spring? The second the snow melts and the temperature starts to change, it’s time for you to prepare your pond for the warmer months ahead. Pondliner.com is happy to help you shop for all the pond supplies you need to get your backyard in shape for spring and summer.
While every backyard koi pond and water garden is going to have different needs, there are some general preparations you should make as spring approaches:
• “De-winterize” your pond by turning on your pond pump and replacing your dirty pond filter
• Clean your pond filter and check your pond pump to ensure both are in proper working order
• Begin feeding your fish once the water temperature in your pond returns to a consistent 50 degrees – simply invest in cold weather food
• Remove any debris that accumulated during winter using pond supplies such as a pond vacuum or pond skimmer
• Fertilize your existing plants and consider purchasing any new plants for your pond
Keep in mind that when spring is on the horizon, it may be a good time to invest in a variety of pond supplies you will need during the summer months. Because when you are in the middle of cleaning your pond or trying to “de-winterize” it, you don’t want to find out you’re missing the pond supplies you need.
Now is the perfect time to start investing in fertilizer, cold weather fish food, pond skimmers, a pond vacuum and other warm weather essentials.